For some useful ideas for things to do with you pumpkin seeds check out The Kitchn.
Now that you’ve carved the pumpkin, what can you do with all the seeds? To start, you can roast or hull them. And then there are brittles, garnishes, sweets, and savories…
• 1 Roast them: Here’s a basic recipe from Whole Foods; also check out this good tip for brining the seeds first.
• 2 Hull them: Need a quick way to hull a bunch of seeds? Heritage Farms has the answer. Pictured: Candied Pepitas (Sunset).
• 3 Spice them: Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Real Simple)
• 4 Make pesto: Pumpkin Seed Pesto (Whole Foods)
• 5 Add them to granola: Granola with Almonds, Apricots, Cranberries, and Pineapple (The Kitchn)
• 6 Make sauce: Zapotec Pumpkin Seed Sauce & Chicken with Pumpkin Seed Sauce (Saveur)
• 7 Garnish soups: Sweet Potato and Tempeh Stew (The Kitchn)
• 8 Garnish salads: Fall Greens Salad with Pumpkin Seeds and Asiago (Whole Foods)
• 9 Garnish desserts: Pepita Rice Pudding (Food Network)
• 10 Garnish baked goods: Breakfast Muffins (Olive Magazine)
• 11 Make brittle: Pumpkin Seed Brittle (Gourmet)
• 12 Make spicy brittle: Spicy Pumpkin Seed Brittle (Woman’s Day)
via 12 Things To Do With Pumpkin Seeds Recipe Roundup | The Kitchn.
3 thoughts on “12 Things To Do With Pumpkin Seeds”
I love this site…I’m 64 have built a house more than 30 yrs ago and am now in an unsavory place, but I will be going back to our Mother..
Thank you Lana. Building your own home must have been really rewarding experience. I’m sorry to hear about your current situation. I had just said to a friend, “Each new day has the promise of possibility for something spectacular happening.” I hope that happens for you as well.
Where did you acquire the techniques to post
““12 Things To Do With Pumpkin Seeds | Homestead Style”?
Thanks for your time ,Rosaria